Want to join our team?
Do you love the outdoors? Do you love spending time on the lake? Aquatic Plant Management is growing and we need your help! We are looking for hardworking individuals that are as passionate as we are about clean lakes. Working with Aquatic Plant Management provides staff the ability to have a direct impact on the fight against aquatic invasive species.
APM is hiring divers to remove aquatic invasive plants via snorkel, scuba, and hookah diving during the summer months. This is a full-time, weekday position. Ability to travel is important and must be a strong swimmer. Details below:
- Perform any and all tasks relating to identifying and removing invasive aquatic vegetation from lakes for both lake associations and residential property owners
- Positively identify the target plant species under a variety of conditions.
- Execute DASH (Diver-Assisted Suction Harvesting)/hand-harvesting protocols upon arrival at project location.
- Remove invasive or native aquatic vegetation as directed by the Dive Leader.
- Assist in disposal of removed aquatic vegetation.
- Disinfect Dive Boat upon project completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- *Aquatic Plant Management LLC reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: None
- SCUBA certification NOT required
- Swimming at a competent level
- Active listening
- Operation monitoring
- Social perceptiveness